Thursday, October 29, 2015

Best Sunday of the Year- Primary Program!

Imagine this, a red-headed beauty, about 7 years old, sitting in the choir seats, striking long ballerina poses, twirling, and pumping her fist enthusiastically to the beat of the music. 
That was just one of the many delights of the Primary Program last Sunday. 

Each fall the Primary, the children's organization in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, is in charge of the Sacrament meeting. After the sacrament is passed the children give all the talks, sing their hearts out, and bear testimony.  It is amazing to me the bold and pure doctrine that the children proclaim, and they do it with such conviction. I also feel the Spirit of God very strongly on these Primary Program Sundays.

Here are a few songs I was impressed with and the powerful words they sang. 

I Know That My Savior Loves Me

(click on the song title to hear it)

1. A long time ago in a beautiful place,
Children were gathered ’round Jesus.
He blessed and taught as they felt of His love.
Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
Yet, Jesus is real to me

Chorus
I know He lives!  I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.

2. Now I am here in a beautiful place,
Learning the teachings of Jesus
Parents and teachers will help guide the way,
Lighting my path ev’ry day.
Wrapped in the arms of my Savior’s love,
I feel His gentle touch.
Living each day, I will follow His way,
Home to my Father above.
Chorus

Text:  Tami Jeppson Creamer & Derena Bell
Music:  Tami Jeppson Creamer


The chorus was especially touching to me. They children sang it so loudly. What greater piece of knowledge can a child have then to know that their Savior loves them? 

 _____________________________________________

Scripture Power

1. Because I want to be like the Savior, and I can,
I’m reading His instructions, I’m following His plan.
Because I want the power His word will give to me,
I’m changing how I live, I’m changing what I’ll be

Chorus
Scripture power keeps me safe from sin.
Scripture power is the power to win.
Scripture power! Ev’ry day I need
The power that I get each time I read.

2. I’ll find the sword of truth in each scripture that I learn. 
I’ll take the shield of faith from these pages that I turn.
I’ll wear each vital part of the armor of the Lord,
And fight my daily battles, and win a great reward.

Text:  Clive Romney
Music:  Clive Romney

_____________________

He Sent His Son

Lyrics

  1. How could the Father tell the world of love and tenderness?
    He sent his Son, a newborn babe, with peace and holiness.
    How could the Father show the world the pathway we should go?
    He sent his Son to walk with men on earth, that we may know.
    How could the Father tell the world of sacrifice, of death?
    He sent his Son to die for us and rise with living breath.
    What does the Father ask of us? What do the scriptures say?
    Have faith, have hope, live like his Son, help others on their way.
    What does he ask? 
    Live like his Son.
    What I like about this song is they sang it in two parts, one sang the question, then the other half of the group sang the response. Now that I look at the lyrics it is clear, but I am not sure I ever thought of this song as a question and answer song. I loved it. 
    What does he ask? Live like his Son.  

    _____________ 

    And finally I loved this one... 


    The Church of Jesus Christ

    Lyrics

    1. I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
      I know who I am.
      I know God's plan.
      I'll follow him in faith.
      I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ.
      I'll honor his name.
      I'll do what is right;
      I'll follow his light.
      His truth I will proclaim.

No comments: