Saturday, June 13, 2009

Home Alone

Devin and I have been at home alone now for two weeks. We have had some delicious cooking adventures. First, I made homemade Sesame Chicken. The first recipe I found online looked good-meaning I had all the ingredients and didn't need to go shopping. See the recipe at the end.




Then Devin showed off his skills and made homemade Fried Rice. He even battered the chicken and fried it on the skillet. It was delicious!





With my parents off galavanting around Brasil, I've been paying their bills, taking all the million church letters for Bishop Kelm to the church on Sundays, sleeping in their bed, using their bathroom, parking my car in the garage, and sending out letters to Michael. The got the check in the mail today from the insurance for the totalled truck, how tempting it would be to go on a shopping spree! But I'll resist.

Also while being the Queen of the house I have faithfully watered my dad's forest. Here is the corn, the banana plants in Lucy's area, and the potatoes I dug up from the garden.

en.


Seasame Chicken Recipe:
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 TBsp seasme seeds
2 green onions (sliced)
Marinade-
1 tsp chicken base (i left out)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon seasme oid (i left out, put in veg. oil)
ground pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 TBsp raspeberry wine (i used cranberry juice)
Batter-
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg, beaten
1 TBsp veg oil
Sauce-
3 TBsp honey
2 TBsp sugar
salt to taste
2 TBsp ketchup
1 TBsp white distilled vinegar
a sprinkle of ground pepper
1 TBsp crushed red pepper (my own addition- yummy!)
Step 1- cute chicken into chunks and pour mariande on top, mix well, Refrigerate 30 min.
Step 2- combine batter, mix thoroughly, should be thick enough to coat, thin enough to flow around pieces.
Step 3- Remove chicken from marinade and mix chicken in batter. Deep fry battered chicken in deep fryer, or in frying pan with with thin layer of oil and turn half way through. Drain on paper towel.
Step 4- combine sauce ingredients and warm over medium heat. Bring to a boil and simmer till slightly thickens.
Step 5- combine sauce and cooked chicken. Sprinkle sesame seeds and green onions on top.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow, that sounds awesome! (All of it, not just the food.) Invite me over next time Devin cooks. ;) So great to see you at church today!! I'm excited we get to hang out on a regular basis again.

Az Kelms said...

Mmmmm....I want some of that yummy food.