Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It feels so good to be stiff!

It feels so good to be stiff.

I have been seeing a Physical Therapist for a week now. When I do the prescribed exercises, my back sure does feel much better. I am suppose to do 10 push up extension every hour, approx. 10 times a day. During the week it isn't hard , but when I was running around all weekend it didn't work out so well. I feel much better when I do the extensions, so I know it is working and need to keep it up and be consistent. I also have a half dozen exercises to do and get a 15 minute myofascial release massage at the PT office. It has been so very cool to have a PT and PTA to ask a million questions to and get the "inside scoop"on this cool field I am going in to. I know I am a geek because being a patient has been fun.

I went back to Body Pump for the first time in 5 weeks yesterday. I took it light and listened to the doctor by not doing didn't the "dead rows". I bend backwards and stretched in between every track. I didn't overdo it and my back felt fine when I was done. Today I am so stiff. My legs were shaking yesterday after lunges, so I knew this was coming. It is a good stiff though. It is the kind of pain that says- hey, you did something good, keep it up. As opposed to the pain that says- you dummy, stop! I've had too much of the latter lately, it is so nice to have the good kind of stiffness. I am glad to know that even though every muscle in my body is tender today, I didn't loose all my muscle mass (I know, silly fear in just 5 weeks). Wahoo! Thunder and lightening are still there!

This back stuff isn't over yet, but I do see a light at the end of the tunnel. Slow and steady...I just need to keep it slow and steady!

1 comment:

Az Kelms said...

I am glad that you are feeling a difference in your back. There is nothing worse than paying money for something that you really can't tell if it is helping or not. I am so glad that you are starting to feel better.